A Union Civil War Living History and Re-enactor’s Group
Now accepting applications for new recruits for the upcoming 2016 Civil War Reenacting Season. Join now to assure your position in the 11th Regiment Conn. Volunteer Infantry for the 156th Anniversary Civil War Reenactments and Events. We would like to thank all those that supported and watched us during the Sesquicentennial Events.
Hello and welcome to the 11th Regiment Connecticut Volunteer Infantry website. This website is intended to provide information on the history of the regiment and to serve as a communication point for the re-enactment group 11th Connecticut Volunteer Infantry Company A group.
Our re-enactment group strives to meet the following goals:
We want to accurately recreate the camp life and existence of the average soldier who fought for the Union in the Civil War. We also portray civilians who supported the military in camp life and the home front during this period in history. We portray Company A, 11th Regiment Connecticut Volunteers as our primary impression in the following ways:
- Participating in Civil War battle re-enactments
- Attending ceremonies and other events related to the Civil War
- Educating the public through living history events and school programs
- Honoring our country, its servicemen and our history by participating in parades
- Helping to maintain our battlefields and historic places through work projects and monetary donations
- Building a data base of information about the 11th CVI
We are a diverse group of men and women civil war re-enactors who share a common interest in the Civil War and history. Our unit roster is made up of people from Connecticut, New York and Massachusetts, and we are a diverse group – we have teachers, computer programmers, students, retired military and businessmen among our members. We are active members of the reenacting organizations the New England Brigade and the United States Volunteers (USV).
If you would like more information on our group or are interested in joining our fun organization, please visit our Recruiting page.